Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sewing and gardening away

Brooch with several buttons



Brooch with doily and button in center


Headband with doily



Lingerie bag....can also be used for just about anything

I've been sick again so I have'nt been sewing, which means that I've been really sick!!!!!! I never stop sewing, to me it's like eating and breathing, one can never have enough, or, that's how it is for me. I am trying to make a variety of stuff, but I'll admit, I'm addicted to brooches! They're so much fun.....I never stop with ideas for them. I really want to start making fancier ones, you know, like the ones for dressier occasions. I also, while I'm thinking about it, have to share a recipe with y'all for kale, it's soooo good!!! I made it yesterday, and the kale wasn't bitter.....sometimes you can taste the bitterness, but this dish was AWESOME!!!! I planted some carrots, beets, and peas....I will be showing y'all pictures so get ready to see them suckers grow. I am making compost tea using cow manure and water (yep! it's that simple), you just put the cow manure in a 5 gallon bucket ( or whatever bucket you have handy) and fill it half full, then fill it all the way up with water, leave it for 10 to 14 days, once ready strain it and dilute 1 part manure 4 part water ( it needs to look like sweet tea....yumm!!!) You can either put it in a pump up sprayer or just pour it directly out of the bucket. I will have more tote bags to show y'all, so come back to check' im out :). Oh! and I will also post that kale recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment